We are just over two weeks away from the first annual BOB Awards Banquet! We hope you’ve marked your calendars and are planning to attend with the whole family! It will take place on Friday, May 29th, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in the NWSA cafeteria. All attendees will bring a main dish with a serving utensil. Please bring enough to serve your own family, plus two additional people.
Violins and percussion: also bring salad or side
Viola/cello/bass: also bring bread or rolls
Woodwinds/brass: also bring dessert
The dish assignment was slightly different in Ms. Hefner’s email to orchestra parents, but the above information is correct.
At this event, we will vote in our new Band and Orchestra Booster Board Members. WE NEED YOUR HELP! We have many positions to fill with some folks leaving.
Nominations are being accepted for several positions. If you’re interested in any of them, just email nwsaBandOrch@gmail.com and let us know which you’re interested in. We will vote at the BOB Awards Banquet on May 29.
- President – Develop agenda for meetings and preside over meetings; Coordinate Dessert Theater fundraiser; Coordinate new activities of BOB
- Vice President – Perform duties of President in his/her absence; Coordinate fall fundraiser (citipass, cookie dough, etc)
- Treasurer: Handle all BOB financial transactions; Submit financial report at each BOB meeting; File end of year tax return
- Secretary: Take notes at meetings and write minutes; Submit minutes to social media person to post on website
- Social Media/Communications: updates and maintains website, posts on Facebook, Twitter and other social media, sends out emails to parents.
- Concert coordinator for band: organizes volunteers to create program, feed students and sell concessions at MS and HS band concerts
- Concert coordinator for orchestra: organizes volunteers to create program, feed students and sell concessions at MS and HS orchestra concerts
Finally, next school year, high school orchestra members will wear formal concert dress. We have chosen a specific dress and decided on a standard tux with bow tie. All students in grades 9-12 will need this concert uniform. Any students in middle school who would like to order this dress or a tux are more than welcome to order with us. Please let us know if you are a middle school parent who would like to order.
We will place an order before the end of the school year, and we will place another order at the beginning of next year.
Dresses are $80, Tuxedos are $100. Checks to NWSA BOB. If you’d like to order before the end of this year, please send in payment by May 29, BOB Awards Banquet day!