The Second Annual Band & Orchestra Booster (BOB) Awards Banquet
This fun event will be held on Tuesday, June 7 from 6-8pm in the NWSA cafeteria! Come celebrate a great year recognizing the hard work of the students and enjoying the company of our Band and Orchestra family with a pot luck dinner! Bring the whole family!
Here are the details:
All attendees: Bring a main dish (enough to serve your family + 2 additional people) with a serving utensil.
Violins: also bring salad or side
Viola/cello/bass: also bring bread or rolls
Woodwinds/brass/percussion: also bring dessert
Also at this event, we will nominate and vote in our new Band and Orchestra Booster Board Members. WE NEED TO GET INVOLVED! We have many positions to fill with some folks leaving, and our kids and teachers deserve the full support of the parents.
Nominations are being accepted for several positions. If you’re interested in any of them, just email nwsaBandOrch@gmail.com and let us know which you’re interested in.
- Co-Presidents (one from Band, one from Orchestra): Develop agenda for meetings and preside over meetings; Coordinate new activities of BOB
- Vice President: Perform duties of President in his/her absence
- Treasurer: Handle all BOB financial transactions; Submit financial report at each BOB meeting; File end of year tax return
- Secretary: Take notes at meetings and write minutes; Submit minutes to social media person to post on website
- Social Media/Communications: Update and maintain website, posts on Facebook, Twitter and other social media, send out emails to parents; check BOB email regularly
- Concert coordinator for band: organizes volunteers to create program, feed students and sell concessions at MS and HS band concerts
- Concert coordinator for orchestra: organizes volunteers to create program, feed students and sell concessions at MS and HS orchestra concerts